Wednesday 6 November 2013

Reinforcements Incoming!

So I just ordered a large stock of new models. I have saved up a lot of money for some time now to spend it in one single burst.
With a bit of luck I'll finally get my hands on the Human Sphere expansion, which apparently is being reprinted in the past few weeks.

At this moment I'm collecting five different factions;

  • Yu Jing - mainly Imperial Secret Service at the moment
  • Nomads - mainly Corregidor at the moment
  • Haqq Islam - mainly Qapu Khalqi
  • PanOceania - mainly Neo-Terran Capitaline army
  • ALEPH - non-Greek, which will probably be called Special Situation Section in the future

The ordered units are spread between the five factions that are on the shelf at the moment. While I hope to collect more factions and armies in the future this is enough for now. As you may already know I've just started with Infinity (and wargaming in general) so I'll first get to know these factions.

At this moment I own a 200-point army-list for every faction listed above. I think this is a good start. Every lists has room for some special troop-types; Aerial Deployment, TO-camo skirmishers, hackers, remotes, mines, etc. Every list consist of eight units.
This way people can get a good grasp of the different tactics and options Infinity has to offer, and the step to play is not that big. Every list can be graded down to a easy-to-play and easy-to-learn 150-point list; room for one high infantry and 3 line troopers, just to get to know the basic mechanics.

These factions were purely chosen because of fluff-reasons and aesthetics, since I didn't really have any clue about how each faction plays on the table. I'll take a closer look at each faction and their sectorial armies in later posts. And when I'm more experience with the game I'll even put some strategic thoughts up.
In those posts I will give a more extended opinion about why I wanted to start with these factions.
For now, you'll just have to be satisfied with me liking these factions pretty much, all for different reasons. =)

If the light is nice tomorrow, I'll post some pictures to show my minis. But for now I have to do a lot of homework for college.

See you in next posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment