Thursday 14 November 2013

Reinforcements Arrived

My first big order arrived yesterday evening! Being winter and all, I didn't really had good light to start painting right away so I focused my attention on the MAS holo-ads that I ordered at well.
**note: the pictures aren't really state-of-the-art. I came back from school at half past seven in the evening, my girlfriend and I started cooking a seriously delicious pasta (if you want I'll put the recipe in the comments) and I opened up my package. Being hungry and curious at the contents of my package at the same time, taking the pictures became a pretty chaotic business! ;) Also, I share a 49m square apartment with my girlfriend, so the pictures might seem a little bit crowded which is, in fact, just like it is in real life! :D** 


My thoughts on the MAS product; 
First thought; Damn, beautiful!
Those holo-ads (I bought the three-pack) are a pure quality-product. The acrylic ads are really thick transparent plastic and the printed stickers are a great design!
The assembly was difficult though. Since these were the first MDF-terrain pieces ever that I got my hands on I really had to reinvent the wheel. The lack of a IKEA-manual made it worse. I only had 3 photo's on the back of a paper, and these weren't enough to guide me. I had a few pieces left at the end which caused me to really struggle with the finishing touch. Luckily a friend came by our place and we talked, laughed and drank tea while I tried to fit all the pieces together.

Unfortunately a part of the board wasn't entirely cut through so I had to come up with a solution. My solution was to break the board around it. Luckily, this went well. ;)
Only two pieces broke when I tried to pull them out, but with a little PVA glue this was fixed in no time!
While this may sound like a negative review, it's not my intention. The product is great. It is just me!;) Like any man does, I choose to ignore the manual, neglect to make preparations before I start assembling like a headless chicken and with much enthusiasm I stumbled a lot!

So, after a evening of trail and error, and without further a due!!! Here is the result!
After assembling the MAS terrain, I decided to start with cleaning up some models. I had to decide where to start, but this wasn't a really difficult choice since I've been eyeing the ISS units for quite some time. I had two ISS-boxes; the Bao Troops and the ISS starter, so I decided to start with those.

Painting
And this morning I started painting! ^^ After a day of a lot of homework and some (hour-long) painting breaks, I got my first model done; the Imperial Agent. I choose this model to start with because I really love the model. His pose is dynamic and bad-ass, and the golden and jade-colored trenchcoat (or is it a cape?) gives the model a really nice, characteristic touch!
Painting the gold was easier said than done! I'm not really satisfied with how the model turned out, but that could be the yellow-ish light that I used to take the picture. It looked way better in the afternoon autumn-light.




No comments:

Post a Comment